Wednesday 25 March 2015

How Have I Changed as an Educator?

Reflective Teaching 30 Day Blog Challenge
Day 29: How have you changed as an educator since you first started?


I am a new teacher, so I have not had much time to grow but nevertheless I believe that I have changed quite a lot as an educator in the short time that I have been teaching.

This term in particular I feel that I have done the most growing and changing. This is because I have been in the same classroom at least three days in a row so I am better able to reflect and make changes as the students and the environment aren't constantly changing on me. Because of this I feel more confident as a teacher. I am also finding my personality as a teacher and trying to bring as much enthusiasm into the classroom as I can which I am finding harder and harder as we closer to the end of the term!

Something that I want to improve on in the coming months is to be more comfortable to take the lead around other more experienced teachers. It is sometimes too easy to doubt myself in their presence and let them run things.

No comments:

Post a Comment